Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Tartlets on Monday and Strudel Today

My flight in from Charlotte didn't get me home until after midnight, and even after getting home I had a couple of hours of homework to do, so 5 am came really quickly on Monday. I was in class until noon and then had a trail (mutual "test" for checking out possibl places for my externship) at a dessert restaurant here. I didn't get home again until midnight, with more work to do, so I am exhausted! I finished class at 5 today and came straight home. My sweet husband had dinner made for me and I've spent most of the evening relaxing at the computer, catching up on phone calls, doing a little "light" homework. I gotta get better at managing my time! Anyway, here are pictures from Monday's lesson on tartlettes and Breton and today's on strudel. (Strudel requires you to slam the dough down on the table 100 times in order to shock the gluten. Once it's rested for an hour, you work in teams of 4 people to shape it out into a rectangle the size of the table and the transparency of a piece of paper!)

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

No comments: