Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Blitz Puff Pastry and Pyllo



We made some savory treats today using the blitz puff pastry that we made yesterday. ("Blitz" simply refers to the fact that this dough is MUCH quicker and easier to make than classic puff pastry - the butter is cut into chunks, instead of rolled into a sheet, and worked into the dough roughly, then goes through 3 book turns to incorporate it. It's not nearly as labor-intensive as what we'll do tomorrow!!) My partner and I made Prosciutto and Mozzarella Empanadas and Spanikopita. Other people in our class made Baklava, Parmesan Puffs and Salmon Mille Fuille. All were great!

1 comment:

Knitstress Mary said...

Tim says... ohhhhhh empinadias......
Alex is a beautiful mess. From the little I saw he reminds me of Dave when he was his age. That reminds me I have the sweaters that your mom knitted for you, Tom and Dave. I am not sure but Alex may be too big already for it. How is Tom is it what you thought or is it a Brown like Tom thought. Did you get to wear your sweater? Are there pictures of you in it?