Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Easter in Charlotte

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I flew out to Charlotte on a Friday morning (noonish) flight and spent most of the day at home catching up with my dad and Tina. I got the grand tour of the yard improvements and all of the planting Tina has done. It all looks fantastic and made me miss having a yard and a deck. We had a great dinner out - went to Fishbones in Fort Mill. On Saturday, I spent a lot of the day doing school work, but eventually made it out to the mall for about an hour then went to pick up my brother. Tom's been under the weather lately with a very disgusting wound of some sort; He thinks it was a Brown Recluse that bit him, but the docs are thinking it might be MRSA. Photo attached below- warning, it is graphic. Either way, he is under a doctor's care and Nicole is taking pretty good care of him otherwise. Tina cooked up a great dinner on Saturday and we spent the evening watching The Sound of Music (one of my favorite things to do EVER). Sunday morning we all went to Easter service at the church and then directly over to Grandma and Grandpa's house for Easter brunch. My grandfather is doing great! He recently had to have one of his legs amputated due to diabetes and I was so worried about him earlier in the year. He looks, though, better than I've seen him in a long time and is getting around like a champ! The biggest surprise of the day was the arrival of David, Brooke and AJ around 3 pm. What a great treat that was! I'm so proud of David and all he is accomplishing right now and AJ just gets more adorable by the day. It was sad to go, but I really missed Todd. Back to the Big Apple!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

1 comment:

Knitstress Mary said...

I thought Linzer Torte was typically made with raspberry preserves as the filling.