Wednesday, March 21, 2007

More Breads

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Today we made our rosemary breadsticks, some soft rolls (the first "non-lean" bread we've made, meaning that it has egg yolks in it, in addition to the basic 4 ingredients in lean breads - flour, water, yeast, salt). I actually like the lean breads better. The soft rolls we made today were pretty, though, and they brown up very nice on top because of the egg wash. We also made about 20 pounds of pizza dough per team, so tomorrow is day 1 of pizzas! My sourdough starter is lookin' good - I've been taking care of it, feeding it, loving it... (ok you get the picture) for the past 5 days and soon, we'll be making the sourdough loaves. I also had an interview this afternoon at Agata & Valentina, an Italian specialty store and restaurant on the UES. I met the recruiter briefly at our career fair a couple weeks ago and she called me to come in and talk about externships. I had the rest of the afternoon off, so I stopped in to a salon to get my hair done. I got some lowlights to go with my highlights - I like it. Had leftovers for dinner with Todd and now he is asleep on the couch. (He was out late last night with a friend of his, so I don't think he got enough sleep.) Todd wants to be a guest blogger - stay tuned for an entry from him in the near future!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

No comments: