Saturday, March 3, 2007

Friday Night out with Jill and Vince

Todd's friend Jill and her husband Vince are in NYC for the weekend and wanted to meet for dinner last night. Todd met them near the apartment and they all took the train down to 23rd Street around 5:00 to meet me after class. Of course, first we went down the street to Trailer Park. I specifically did not take pictures because you all already KNOW what it looks like. We had a great time! Chances are good that if you visit us, we will take you there. (We love it.) For dinner, we took the train WAY downtown to the Lower East Side to a place called Tapeo 29 on Clinton Street. One of the other students in my class manages it (or used to manage it until Wednesday) and another girl in my class was just hired to be their bartender. It was "OK." The tapas were pretty good, but very small. We had to order 2 "rounds" of food because the first set of plates we ordered was coming nowhere close to feeding us. Also, they did something I REALLY dislike, which is to tell us when we were being seated that we had to be OUT by a certain time. Todd and I decided among the two of us that, from now on, we are not going to patronize any restaurant that does that. It's nuts - I've never had this happen before, but in New York, it happens all the time. We took a walk after dinner and stopped somewhere else for a glass of wine. The company was fantastic and the four of us had a great time. Here are two random pictures I took while we were out.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

No comments: