Saturday, March 24, 2007

Bagels, Pretzels and Weekend in NC

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
On Friday we made bagels and pretzels. We did something different with them than any of our other breads - we poached them first (dipped in hot water) to form that skin that bagels and pretzels usually have. My partner and I made Tabasco pretzels and a bunch of different kinds of bagels. Right after class, I took the train back home to pack my bags for NC! Unfortunately, my 7:30 flight out of LGA didn't leave until almost midnight, so it was 1:30 am before I got back here. We had to miss out on having drinks with Megan and Matt (so sad) and we crashed hard once we both got back to the house. It was so nice to see the doggies, but they didn't get to sleep in the bed because they were both stinky.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Saturday morning we got up in time to take them for a walk and then Todd took me to meet a bunch of girlfriends at the Piedmont for brunch. It was fantastic to see everyone and we had a great time!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Todd and I did some exploring in downtown Durham after that - I continue to see great things for downtown Durham and would love to have my shop here one day. Saturday night we met Stephanie, Brian and Felix out for dinner in Raleigh and got to meet the new baby (Gwynnie) and see Carlisle too. Everyone seems to be doing great and I was so excited to get to catch up with my friends. I miss everyone a bunch!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great to be here in NC with you this weekend! I had a great time. Glad your trip back to New York was uneventful. See you Tuesday night! Love, your husband, TD

pharmoday said...

Heidi!

I wish I had known you would be in town! I would have loved to have seen you! Happy to hear that you had a great trip!

Hugs,
Kimberly O'Day

Knitstress Mary said...

Heidi,
I have finished the sleeves, and have sewn it all together, all that is left is the neck band and it's done. The washing instructions for the yarn are, Hand wash, and Dry Flat or Dry clean with perchloreethylene. Do not Bleach, Do not dry in dryer, you can Iron, Steam or Dry, with LOW HEAT, or Dry clean with perchloreethylene. I will send you lable. You may want to visit a local yarn store and ask for a wool wash if you are going to wash by hand.

Anonymous said...

Heidi,
What a great picture of the group! I am enjoying your baking adventures immensely. I feel like I am right there with you. Can't wait for you to open your own shop.
Karen Bingham