Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Wrapping Up Classes (and Special PG-13 surprise)






Well, I am finishing my last week of pastry classes and working on my chocolate showpiece and business plan. The chocolate showpiece (remember the theme is "Summer in New York") is due on Thursday and will be presented at our graduation. I can celebrate on Friday night, but first thing Saturday morning I am going to need to be buckled down at the computer again, working on finishing up my business plan, which is due next Thursday. Graduation #2 (from Culinary Management) is that evening, which also happens to be..............my birthday! (I keep forgetting!) I am going to post a few more pictures of some of our chocolate truffles that we made. The first ones are called "Palette d'Oro" - rich, dark, chocolate ganache center, dipped in semi-sweet chocolate with a little gold leaf on top, the second picture is milk chocolate ones with almond filling, the third (the frogs) are matcha green tea filling. The fourth is chocolate dipped peanut clusters. The last picture below is from our sight-seeing on the Circle Line cruise. This was the "sight" directly in front of me!! CRACK KILLS! Hope you all have a wonderful 4th of July!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your graduation and birthday! Can't wait for you to get back to Durham. I tell my family about you all the time and they have a string a birthdays right now too. Hopefully we will be able to frequent your bakery for all of our celebrations.

Anonymous said...

ONLY YOU would take the PG-13 picture AND put it on your blog! You are too funny!! =) Megan