Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I can't keep silent!

It's been a hectic few days since I started my externship in full swing. I have been working long hours and not taking any pictures, but I do have a few pieces of random news bits and a few photos.

1. The other night, Todd and I went to dinner in the East Village (to a place called Candela Candela - don't ever go there), but the point of this story is that we were walking down the road and saw a motorcycle get sideswiped by a cab. It was terrible! Tires squealing, people flying in all directions. The cabbie was trying to pull to the curb, I guess to pick someone up, and failed to see that there was a motorcycle behind him to his right, and just knocked them right off. Knocked the bike to the ground. I ran over there, wishing I was driving an ambulance, because all the EMT training in the world doesn't help when you need an ambulance. Thankfully, both of the people on the motorcycle were fine, although I'm sure a bit bruised and scared and the cab driver was stunned. He sat in his car and couldn't even move to get out. I think he was terrified. Hopefully he will drive a little more carefully.

2. The other Heidi ("TOH") had her baby!!! Isaac Edward Bell was born on July 11th, just one day before yours truly. He's adorable. I'm going to post his picture here. He is a beautiful, perfect little baby.



3. I went to a graduation party for a friend of mine from school (Angela). Here she is with her dad at his restaurant. Although the party was a graduation, and it was held at an Italian restaurant, guess what the theme was?? Yes, LUAU! We had great fun!





4. I also got to visit with my college roommate and dear friend Cheryl on Monday. We had the most wonderful time and here are some pictures of her sweet little kids. I love them and they love me!!!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cant keep silent either. I've been on the wagon since I left texas. 10 days, no chemicals. No alcohol, no soda, no Crystal Light, no Advil, no Clartin, nothing except water and juice, and food I prepare myself. I guess after you order the goat in a shady Mexican reatruant in Texas, then drink like a frat boy for 5 days you need a dring out period. I guess this will last till the 27th when the next concert in here in Charlotte. Also I wish someone like you was there when I got hit by a car. TP

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun times are being had by all! Great pictures!! Thanks for sharing! ~ Megan