Friday, July 27, 2007

Some Important Lists

Well, with less than a month left in NYC, I decided to make a list of the things that I miss most about NC and CAN'T WAIT to get back to. And... this is in the order that makes the best sense to me at this minute.
1. Family/Friends/Dogs
2. Our Home
3. Fewer expenses!
4. Real Grocery Stores
5. All of my kitchen tools, spices and cooking space
6. Trees, Grass, Nature
7. Our garden
8. My Car (blessing or not?)
9. The less-than-$10-cocktail
10. The mall
11. Good old southern hospitality
12. Durham city water
13. Foster's market
14. Our high-pressure shower head
15. Karaoke machine!
16. Biking in relative safety
17. Washer/Dryer in the house!
18. A YARD!
19. Target
20. Tarheel fans
21. The ice cream maker

And, here is a list of the things I'll hate to leave behind:

1. My new friends in NYC
2. Great restaurants/bakeries
3. The subway!!!
4. Lots of going out options
5. Being able to walk anywhere
6. Gym in my building
7. Views of the NY skyline, especially at night
8. real pizzerias
9. Thick Brooklyn accents
10. Great Adventure
11. Rodeo Bar
12. Free daily newspapers

Finally, here is a list of the things I will NOT miss about New York:
1. Smells in the subway station
2. BAD customer service
3. Expensive dinners and drinks
4. "Bottle service"
5. Yeah, yeah, yeah
6. Carrying bags of groceries home
7. Crazy drivers

I might update this again, but for now, it's pretty complete. I think... :)

2 comments:

Agape In Action said...

Wow! What a great list collection... I might have to get inspired to come up with my own lists about Guatemala and NC, but that will have to wait until I maybe have an actual JOB to come to!... I miss you!!!! TOH

Anonymous said...

Great lists!! Except, you’re not going to miss the smells in the subway!??? =) Megan