Friday, July 13, 2007

Graduation #2

I spent all of last weekend and most of this past week at this very computer, finishing my business plan and putting together my PowerPoint presentation. I made menus, design books, layout plans, etc. I took time out on Monday and Wednesday for the first 2 days of my externship at the restaurant. I spent all day (7-7) each day working and then came home to work on my school stuff. It came together very nicely and my business plan was presented on Thursday afternoon, with graduation that evening. It feels great to finally be DONE! Now, I just have to get through the next 6 weeks of my externship and I will be ready to enter the working world, get some experience and think more about opening my bakery/cafe. The plans look great! After graduation, Todd took me out to dinner for my birthday to a place called Picholine. The food and service were wonderful and my dinner date (TODD) was incredible. What a great husband I have! He woke me up on Thursday morning with birthday cake for breakfast (the way I like to start every birthday) and my wonderful friends at home arranged for ANOTHER cake that he picked up in the afternoon. I have 2 favorite bakeries in NYC and Todd's cake was from one of them and the other cake was from my other favorite. YUM! Gotta start a serious sugar detox tomorrow. :) I got some wonderful cards, messages and emails throughout the day. It really is the VERY BEST thing to have great friends and family. Please know as you are reading this that I think I am one of the luckiest people EVER to have you all in my life.

The first picture posted is of some of our class at graduation, the second is me with my graduation flower and (look closely) the FANTASTIC necklace Todd gave me for my birthday, Todd and Ron, our group at the bar and then Anastasia and I singing karaoke. Enjoy!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SO HAPPY that you had such a great birthday and graduation! CONGRATS again! That is a very beautiful necklace from Todd! (Great taste, Todd!) And it looks like you were really into that karaoke singing!!! Miss you guys! ~ Megan