Sunday, February 11, 2007

GH in NYC for JT with HD









Gail came to visit me on Wednesday!! She flew in from Wilmington very early and was already at my apartment by the time I got home from class. We left around 1:30 and took the train into the city for some adventures. Even though it was very, very cold out, Gail was a super-sport and let me show her around town. We had lunch at Burger Heaven (I had a salad, which was not quite heavenly, but good), then did a little shopping and walking. When we were almost at our freezing point, we stopped into Rockafeller Center for a coffee and a thaw, and then decided to go ice skating. We had SO MUCH FUN! Ice skating in Rockafeller Center is definitely something I'll do again. Neither of us had been skating in years, but we did pretty good. Only a few minor busts and even a few tricks! Around 7:00, we walked south towards Madison Square Gardens for the reason for Gail's visit - the Justin Timberlake concert!! We had great seats and such a fantastic time. P!nk was the opening act and she was so good that I'm sure I'll buy her latest CD and probably would consider going to see her in concert as the main act. She sang all of her best hits and had some real choreography, including some Cirque-du-Soleil type acrobatics using ribbons where she sailed across the stage back and forth. WOW! We DID come to see JT, though, so we were screaming right along with all the other women (OK, lots of girls too) when he took the stage. And what a show he put on! In addition to all of the songs we love and his great voice, he's a cool dancer and plays many instruments. He is a very talented guy. We had a blast and both agreed it was probably the best concert we'd ever been to. Because it was New York City, he did a very special encore. If any of you saw him on SNL, he did a repeat performance of his notable, very creative performance!! Ha ha! Since I had to be at school early on Thursday, I didn't get much sleep (Gail and I were not home until almost 2 am) and was dragging all day in class. I started working on my homework as soon as I got home so that I could welcome Todd back when he got in from the airport. I was in bed early; I think this will need to become a habit. Five thirty comes awful quickly!


No comments: