Saturday, February 3, 2007

Bleeker Street - Part 1





Friday was a great day to be in the city of New York! It was about 25 degrees and sunny outside and I decided I wanted to take a walk before class. I called two of my friends from school (Leon and Angelika) and asked if they wanted to join. They DID, so we all met in front of the school around 11:30. We took off on City Walk # 15, Bleeker Street in Three Parts. The walk begins at the corner of 14th Street and 7th Avenue. We walked south to 12th Street and then west to 8th Avenue. We passed Abingdon Square, a triangular piece of land that was once given as a gift to the American heiress Charlotte Warren by her father upon her marriage to the Earl of Abingdon. I'm not sure who owns it now, but it's very pretty and quiet. We turned left on Bleeker and were pleasantly surprised to find ourselves right in front of Magnolia Bakery (YUM)! We were unable to resist and went in for a cupcake. Posted are two cupcake pictures - Can you imagine the angel on my shoulder in one of them, and the little devil on my shoulder in the other?? :)


No comments: