Monday, May 21, 2007

Cookies and more cookies!

Today we finished making the cookies we started on Friday, and...we made even more from scratch. All in all, I'd estimate we made close to 1000 cookies. We had about 5-6 different varieties of biscotti, chocolate chip cookies, checkerboard cookies, oatmeal raisin, almondines, chocolatines, macaroons, paletes aux raisins, linzers, spritz cookies, mamoul, sicilian fig cookies, shortbreads, Tennessee Icebox cookies and pecan sandies. (I think that's it, but I'm not sure. I might be forgetting some!) I could have used a tall glass of skim milk when we were all done. My dad and Tina are coming to visit (they arrive on Wednesday) and they LOVE biscotti, so I'm sure they'll help get rid of some of them. Tomorrow we begin the "plated desserts" section and we'll continue that until the end of the module.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you take tina to times square and be sure to get pictures with the naked cowboy. tptptptp

Anonymous said...

With all the pictures of the cakes and cookies on your blog, it makes me want to eat it rather than read it! Jamie

Agape In Action said...

I MISS YOU!!!! Thanks for the birthday card... I would have gotten it a while back if I actually ever bothered to check the mail more than once a month ;-) You rock!! love, heidi.