Saturday, May 19, 2007

Celebrity Chefs and Ribbon Cake

On Thursday after class, we went to a book signing with Mario Batali, Anthony Bourdain and Marco Pierre White. They were all very different during the open forum and it was fun to see what they are like in person.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

On Friday, we finished "cakes," ending with the dramatic Chocolate Ribbon Cake. It was the perfect thing for me to take with me to meet Alisha and George for dinner. We ate at a nice little Italian place in the theatre district and had a wonderful time! I'm so glad we got to see them before they went to their show.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Today is Saturday and this morning I spent time trailing at a great bakery. I liked it very much and it will be difficult now to make my final decision for my externship. Todd met me at Union Square once I was done working and we tried to go see a movie because it was yukky and rainy. When we got into the theater, though, it was oversold and there weren't any seats left. We got our money back from the surly man at the counter and took the train down to Century 21 to go shopping instead. Apparently, everyone else in NYC thought that would be a good thing to do on a rainy Saturday in May, and it was MOBBED. We didn't last very long before we were ready for some mar-ga-ri-tas. Andale, andale, arriba, arriba.... It will be great to sleep in tomorrow. Next week in class, we are making cookies and then switching to a week of plated desserts before we end Module 3. Here is a picture of my chocolate ribbon cake: Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

No comments: