Monday, January 8, 2007

Roaming...

I got back into NY today around lunchtime and stayed in the apartment until I knew it was safe to go out. There were some news stories about a "Strange Smell" in Manhattan, so I thought I'd avoid it until it cleared up. When I got there, the only smell I noticed was that of the pine from all of the discarded Christmas trees on the sidewalks. It was fantastic! I walked down into TriBeCa, West Village to investigate this one bakery that is hiring. Oh my goodness, it's so cute! Along the way, I also passed this shop and had to take a picture. It reminded me of MY DAISY DOG. I miss her!

The city was very windy and I had to hang on to my purse so it wouldn't get blown away. I walked north through the city on my way back to the subway station (I am an expert now) and into Times Square, just as it was getting dark. I didn't wear sneakers, so my feet hurt and I am headed home.


No comments: