Monday, August 13, 2007

Is it mid-August already?





I've been really slack about writing in the blog, but it's mostly because I have not spent much time in front of the computer. Todd's been finishing the edits on his book and working night and day and I'm happy to say, for his sake, that he is DONE! I, on the other hand, have been working 12-14 hour days in the pastry kitchen on my externship and being really LAZY on my days off. It's been a very extreme lifestyle...I'll be finished by mid-week next week and then we are heading home. Today I spent the day with two friends from my pastry classes (Marie, who I have not seen since graduation, and Gabriela, who I'm happy to be hanging out with almost daily!). We had breakfast at Clinton Street Baking Company and then spent the rest of the day walking the lower half of the island (of Manhattan, that is). From Clinton Street, we walked down through the Lower East Side (LES) to the South Street Seaport and then Tribeca. We went to Century 21 (discount department store and generally the most chaotic place imagineable) and managed to extricate ourselves before dinnertime. Todd and I just took advantage of the beautiful weather tonight and the new charcoal grills down in the courtyard by having a picnic out by the river. We've still been enjoying NYC, been out to a few new places. Last Wednesday, Todd was in cahoots with my friends here to plan a secret "going-away" party for me, which was held at Johnny Utah's, a new bar/restaurant in Rockafeller Center that I've really been wanting to go to. It's the only place in Manhattan with a mechanical bull and yes siree, I rode it! Twice! And, I did stay on for at least 8 seconds... It was great. All I need now is a pair of chaps. :) I can't wait to see all of you in NC... I'm going to try to bring a camera in to work this week to snap a few shots of the desserts I'm making. They really are extraordinary. The first pic here is of me playing with my "cocktail condiments" served at Pegu Club, the second is today at Clinton Street, then the Manhattan Bridge, and South Street Seaport (note the splash)...Have a great week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure exactly why but this website is loading extremely slow for me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it a problem on my end? I'll
check back later on and see if the problem still exists.


Check out my website - TOurs