Friday, August 17, 2007

Bike Adventure and Cheese!






Just when I thought I might have run out of creative titles! Tuesday was a beautiful day, so I decided to take a bike ride on the greenway that runs along the Hudson. I went out just after lunch and hit the greenway about 45th Street. The trail was great, there was a nice breeze and the scenery was amazing! Before I knew it, I was seeing signs for 181st Street and the Cloisters. I've been wanting to go to the Cloisters, so I continued on the path, trying to find a way to cross over the highway. I never did find the entrance to the Cloisters, but I did find myself upwards of 200th Street in a tense neighborhood. I felt out of place and was exhausted! When I locked up my bike to go get a water in a small store, I came out to find my back tire was completely flat! Luckily, after walking my bike for a short while, I did find a subway station, hopped on the train and took a very long ride home. After getting cleaned up and relaxing a bit, Todd and I went out for a great date night. We had dinner at Artisanal, New York's "temple to cheese." This place has over 200 cheeses, lots of great wines to pair with them, and a fantastic bistro menu. Todd and I each ordered a "flight" of 3 cheeses with wine. From there, we went to the Campbell Apartment, an old timey bar located in Grand Central Terminal. It's actually an old apartment with 1920s style architecture, classic cocktails and flapper waitresses. We finished the evening off with a carraige ride through Central Park. Our horse, Junior, and guide, Tom, took us on a beautiful tour on a fantastic night!

The attached photos show a piece of driftwood art, the George Washington Bridge up close, some interesting structure on the side of the highway and lastly, Todd and I with our mouths full at dinner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.