Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I'm back...

I got slack lately and have not posted in a while! So sorry! Just to get caught up, I've posted a few pictures of what we've been doing lately in my pastry classes. We finished Module 3 and moved on to Module 4 - Advanced Cake Decorating, Chocolates and Showpiece Desserts (my LAST module, by the way). The pictures below are of some of the techniques we've learned in Buttercream, Royal Icing, Fondant, and Modeling Chocolate. I also stuck a picture of our chef, Chef Scott, and the girls from my table. We're all going out this Friday for our first "out-of-class" night on the town with our significant others. It should be fun - it is LONG overdue!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Cake Decorating Basics with Buttercream

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
My Fake Cake

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Chocolate Rose Closeup

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Chef Scott and the Girls from my class

Todd and I spent this past weekend in Durham, visiting friends and family. We finally got to meet the Jones boys, and enjoyed having dinner with Todd and Kim to get caught up. We also had lunch with our family on Sunday in honor of Lauren's 10th Birthday!! It was great to be home and so wonderful to see everyone.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Us with Carter and Taylor Jones

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Lauren's Birthday at Mellow Mushroom

Last night, I volunteered for the benefit at Rockafeller Center called Chefs Gone Wild. I got to work with some great chefs and finished early enough to be able to enjoy some of the party with my friends from school. We went out afterwards and had a LATE night, so I am about to crash early tonight. Hope you are all doing great! MIss everyone!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Chefs Gone Wild

1 comment:

Agape In Action said...

SO glad you're still having fun! Your cakes are beautiful (Almost as beautiful as our wedding cake that you made!... We still talk about that all the time...) MISS YOU! You're in our thoughts and prayers daily...TOH