Sunday, June 24, 2007

Guest Post from Todd

Well, we are winding down our New York experience and I have been an avid fan of Heidi’s blog. Okay, okay, I am an avid fan of Heidi…period. A month or two ago I had the idea that I wanted to be a guest blogger. No way can I keep up with Heidi on my own blog so I’ll just latch on to hers (thanks, hon!). Where does she find the time to update this thing so often? Anyway, I’m glad she does. I now have some visuals to go with the response to “Hi honey! How was your day?” And as you can imagine, I get to taste some great things every now and then too! I am so proud of what Heidi has accomplished in just a few months. If I practiced my guitar as often as she practices skills for her new trade… maybe I could really play “Fire on the Mountain.” Everyone knows that I am the president and vice president of Heidi’s fan club. (She asked me to be treasurer, but I told her I was too busy for all that – what with work and all.) Anyway, I really admire Heidi for (1) having the gumption to follow her dream; (2) working so hard at everything now that she’s here; and (3) doing it like a pro. There’s a lot more I could say about my favorite person and all of her sterling qualities… perhaps another time. Needless to say, it’s a very exciting time for her and for me! I will post a few more times this summer as a guest with some of my photos and thoughts .

We had a really nice weekend. Heidi captured the "best of the best" in her last post. Last night I experimented with time lapse photography. I think this video (composed of still photos taken every 2 minutes!) is a really neat way to show you what a great view we have of East Manhattan. Enjoy this and I'll post again soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool video! I love it.
-Gail

Anonymous said...

VERY SWEET!! I think you should guest blog more often! Glad you guys are having such a great time in NYC!! Loved the video too! Megan